Tuesday, November 4, 2008

One can dream, right?

I hope everything I thought about Obama is wrong.


I hope his tax plan really isn't going to destroy Chris's dad's business, even though all numbers indicate it will.


I hope that during his campaign, his refusal to admit the core of the economic policies and cozying up with the very people who let Freddy and Fanny run amuck was just an easy way for him to get in and that he really does have some intelligent, thought-out method of solving our problems because everything he's said thus far, to anyone with a brain, realizes that it's not gonna happen.


I really hope that he's going to do more than vote on 'present' during key issues and recognize that it's time for Americans to forget about stupid things like "it's my right to kill an unborn child" and realize that people have to have some damn responsibility for their actions.


I hope the way that he's become less and less like a candidate to truly care about change isn't foreshadowing something horrible to come.


I hope that people who voted for him did so out of intelligence, rather than emotion and hatred against the Bush Administration.


And last of all...

I hope my fears are unreasonable, that Obama really won't be the 21st century Jimmy Carter.


Good night, all. I'm praying for this country, for me, for you, for all of us, now more than ever.

No comments: